The Last Jedi

Well, received the news last Saturday that I'm officially transferring into what will probably be my last area. I'm only on my third, so this will probably it.

I'm definitely going to miss this area, I've been here for awhile. Met a lot of cool people and made a lot of cool friends. I'm going to miss Elder Shepherd, too. We've been companions for almost 1/4 of my mission (and his mission). He's going to stay here and continue the work that we started. It will be exciting to see who will replace me after I leave. Kinda nervous to see where I'll go, I've grown too comfortable here. But change is exciting, and I have another journey ahead.

This week was not fun. Everything is getting shut down due to coronavirus and nobody wants to talk to us. So work this week was not that fun, but everyone we needed to teach this week got taught. But everyone is a little wary of us, and asks us if we have corona. Been a fun week, have some funny stories. Spent yesterday saying goodbye, gonna miss a lot of people here. A lot of changes in the next week, till then!

All is Well
Elder Bills
 
1. Bro. Laurents and Jhon Kris 2. Us chilling at a dam we found. 3. The Rivero Fam. 4. I'm going to miss this area
 

Apparently, this past week was not a fun week. :) 

Isaac is so sad to be transferring from Daet. He's been there since the end of August! So, basically, he's been there the whole 2019-20 school year (since that kinda just ended this past week, too, right? :) ) He has loved Daet and has absolutely loved serving with Elder Shepherd. This change will be hard, but it's the best thing for him.

He is fairly nervous about coronavirus COVID-19. It hasn't hit the Philippines like it has the United States and other countries. Since China is the general vicinity, we've been surprised that the Philippines hasn't been harder hit yet, but their time is coming, I'm sure. Isaac said that no one in his mission has the virus; they are trying to contain it in Manila. He said Manila is completely shut down. He said the sisters who came out with his "batch" went home this past week, but because of all the craziness with shutting everything down, they haven't been able to get home yet. I told him not to talk to us about that because it gives me anxiety to think my kid will be stuck in the Philippines six months from now. I hope the two young women make it home soon, though. 

He says mission work has been slow. The Filipinos are scared of this virus and see the American boys in the white shirts as a sort of threat that they are carriers of the virus. 

They didn't have Sunday meetings this past week, so they tried to proselyte. Tried. 

He is excited about Lincoln's mission call, but sad that he won't get to see his cousin before Lincoln leaves and Isaac comes home. They miss each other by 2 months. But he thinks Missouri will be pretty dope. :)

 

 

Comments

Popular Posts