It's About the Journey

This week was rough. Everyone in our zone has been getting oofed on. We are near the end of the school year here which for Filipinos is the toughest time of the year. Everyone is busy and stressing out over the loads of projects they must complete before the time is up. So our week has consisted of walking around and getting rejected -- which is ok some weeks are like that. 

We did have some good exchanges this last week with our District Leader. I got to work with both of them in their area and in our area. We got punted as well. Getting rejected, and punted. But it was a good change to be with some other friends. It makes me miss Kabahays. 
 
We also had interviews with Pres. Lee this week. Those went well. And were informed that we must start avoiding handshakes, which is strange now. Other changes were initiated. 
 
That's really all this week. Not much to say. But we're planning on having a better week this week. 
 
Until then!
All is Well
Elder Bills
 
1. Me trying Sili Ice Cream (it's nasty) 2.Climbing through Mountains 3. I saw a house
 


"Talked" with Isaac last night. His mic and camera didn't work, so he typed while we talked to him. Like he said, it's been a rough week. Seems like that happens, especially after a weekend of baptisms, etc. Not sure what "oofed" or "punted" mean exactly. But from the context, it sounds like a lot of rejection. 

I wished we could have talked to Isaac to explain the handshake rule. I don't think he understands the worldwide paranoia with the COVID-19 virus. The mission president sent us all a letter detailing that the missionaries were to take precautions as to avoid spreading coronavirus, and we were supposed to help our missionary understand that it's important to take those precautions. Not sure we did very well explaining that to Isaac last night, though.

Isaac's is his final 1/4 of the mission. He and Elder Shepherd have been companions for nearly 6 months; one of them is certain to be transferred next week. We'll see how that goes. Elder Shepherd hasn't had a different companion since being in the field; just Isaac. 

Isaac is staying positive which is good. Attitude really does determine so much of how life goes, right? 

He doesn't usually write just to me on a weekly basis, but he did last night. I had written Isaac about how I #HearHim, so he responded. Here's a snippet: 

"#HearHim. I love the emphasis on revelation. He speaks to us all in different ways. I actually have the complete opposite experience. I like to study the scriptures more than I pray. With my experience on my mission, I'll pray as long and as earnestly as I want, but nothing comes to me. No thoughts, no voice, no impressions. And at first this was always super disappointing, and frustrating even. Especially when the mission was super rough. But I found that the moment I open the scriptures, every question I had earlier or the night before is answered. Directly. It's why I love the Book of Mormon so much. It's literally my way to Hear Him. It's the way he speaks to me. It's hard to explain, but God lets me know it will all be well through the words that he spoke hundreds of years ago. He's answered all my prayers, and somehow no matter where I am in the scriptures, it tends to line up with my current concern."
 

Comments

Popular Posts